Sun Capital focuses on market leaders with $50 million to $5 billion in sales across a wide spectrum of industries.
Appropriate acquisition and investment targets may include private businesses, divisions of larger companies, and publicly-traded companies. Sun Capital affiliates have also acquired and invested in businesses through bank workout groups, Chapter 11 proceedings, and from other private investment firms.
Many Sun Capital professionals have business operating experience and are full time operators. Sun Capital’s operating professionals have extensive experience in manufacturing, foreign sourcing, sales, marketing, brand management, accounting, tax, management information systems, corporate and securities law, and general business management. Sun Capital is uniquely positioned to pursue leveraged buyouts, and make investments in underperformers, turnarounds, and special situations.
BROAD INVESTMENT CRITERIA
- Underperformers, turnarounds, and special situations
- Middle market growth companies which can benefit from our operational resources
- $50 million to $5 billion in revenues in all industries
- Strong market position or franchise value
- Control equity investments and leveraged buyouts
- Investment in bank debt, trade claims, seller notes, and high yield securities
Turnarounds: unprofitable or breakeven
Underperformers: profitable, but with room for improvement in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quartiles
Special Situations: where expediency, certainty, and lack of survival of operational reps and warranties is important to sellers and/or where they keep a minority equity position
Growth Companies: Mid market growth companies that can benefit from Sun Capital’s operational resources